14 January 2010

I know, I know, I know

There are no excuses....laziness...or I wish it could be laziness.  Maybe no sleep running around like a chicken w/ my head cut off, living in a trailer for 5 weeks, going through a noreaster and being stuck in said trailer for 2 days, unpacking a home, Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, family visits, snow , lots of rain and freezing temps and......okay, so all those don't qualify so no, I just was so lazy I didn't do it.  Everytime I sat down to write I just didn't have the energy or heart.  I've lost weight in this stressful process is the good thing about all of this and the two story house up and down about a zillion times a day has something to do with it too.  So I'll sum it up later........or a little now....kids are sleeping.
~Trip across the country:
A wonderful , first of the season snowstorm with record breaking low temps and snowfall followed us clear across the country.  Kids had fun in snow, dogs had fun in snow, mommy didn't have fun cleaning up but had fun watching all have fun in snow....daddy and mommy COLD, so cold in fact that our septic tank in our camper froze for 3 days.  To quote daddy : "Good news, (in freezing Montana) got septic hooked up, bad news , the poop is frozen" . So we trekked on, through WA, ID, MT, WY (for second time I loved MT and WY) (oh and in MT we stopped in a little place called deer lodge, which apparently is a nice quaint little town w/ a huge meth problem.  All over the town the buildings and signs said "don't do meth" it was scary!! And in WY everything was frozen but we had a nice dinner out , played in the snow some and kept our little heater pumping in the camper.  Then on to SD (which let me add is the most boring, windy state ever) Two nights in SD b/c it's so stinkin vast and to boot it was so cloudy , rainy , snowy I missed Mt Rushmore right before it got dark....Daddy and LM saw it but I didn't so I literally drove right past Mt. Rushmore.  Then on to Nebraska where we stopped and spent a day at the Children's museum and snow finally stopped for a little while.  Then we went through ST. Louis, MO, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana all of which I have not much to say about b/c we were plowing through at that point.  Stopped in Kentucky (lexington) and stayed at the Kentucky Horse park campground and it was absolutely beautiful..loved seeing all the horses, etc.  Then thru WV, VA and here we are in VBeach..... Daddy and I did have a three day conversation/ argument that spanned several states on wheteher Lady Gaga or Britney Spears sang the sond papparazzi....I won that one!
Pics to follow of the trip......they are on daddy's pc. 

No comments: