21 August 2007

Dumped

We've been dumped........not really dumped, but the little man's regular sitter can't take him anymore b/c she needs to get a full time slot filled . Why does this bother me so much? Because it's the end of a great relationship ........a relationship she probably didn't know she even had. I feel such affection for someone whom I trust my child with so completely and feel such a bond with her and she doesn't even know it. Mind you I won't tell her because she will think I am a complete freak, but I really will miss her and I know the little man loves her to death. I almost cried standinig in her entryway today as she was telling me this disastrous information............why? I am not sure why I am so emotional about it but maybe it's because I also look so forward to cleaning the house on Tuesdays and sitting down for a few minutes without a screaming boy ripping through the house. It is nice to sit down to a devotional, a cup of tea or unload the dishwasher without little hands grabbing at knives...........So, it's the end of an era and we'll start searching for a new once a week appt.
We are beginning to prep for going home.......or I am ........daddy will pack the day of and be fine with that.......drives me crazy. Although it's probably b/c daddy can do that b/c he doesn't ever have to get the little man's stuff ready, just his own. He never can understand why I don't have time to shower before we go somewhere........well, I dress the boy , feed the boy , prep snacks and diaper bag for the boy while daddy is getting ready and then everyone is ready to go. Not really daddy's fault but he does get rather luxurious showers which we have managed to cut down to 20 minutes or so......which trust me is AMAZING. The man must sleep in there.......and we have a slim window of getting in the car and driving with the little man where he isn't unhappy or hungry......did I mention he is ALWAYS hungry.....nummy, nummies, nanny, etc. all words for food and said all the time :) Anyway, we are headed out .....the sun came out finally for the first time in a couple of days. I guess summer is officially over here in the great state of WA....with this 60 degree weather.......

1 comment:

babybearsmomma said...

Oh my soul you crack me up. I would be the same way though. Hate change. Like people just up and moving away to Yemen or Afganistan. Really sucks...
I am sure you will find someone as competant to watch Little Man. If not, I am always here!