01 August 2007

Army wives

Anyone seen Army Wives? It is my new fave summer hit..It is so ridiculous at times, but so true at times. The cattiness and backstabbing is so true......unfortunately. The rank issues are true..again .....unfortunately....don't we all know a Lenore Baker??? A friend and I were discussing it and said it is definitely dramatic but we have seen and heard far worse stories so in reality the drama is real....as my friend said....you can't make this stuff up. Won't get into the details of all that but many of you know what I am talking about.
But along with all this crazy life throws at you and all its ups and downs are the many blessings you get along the road. My blessings have come in the way of friends who have picked me up when down and vice versa. The military family becomes your family, especially for the wives who are home alone so many nights.....this family you are thrown into becomes just as close as your real family.....heck I consider some of these people like brothers and sisters at this point. They will stay on the phone with you when you are a million miles away and have a sick relative at home, are available on a moment's notice when you go into labor and no one can find your husband, stay on the phone again or come over when your dog has gotten himself trapped in the neighbor's fortesss in the middle of the night in Spain ---I hear some of the wives who can't wait to get out and have a "normal" life......yeah, we all wish what is best for our husbands and hope they follow the path they are supposed to follow--civilian or military---but even after all the schedule changes, postponed reunions and homecomings, late work nights and seperation I wouldn't trade this because I have made such great friends along the way who have taught me so much. And I have found out along the way who my true friends are during the years apart. This life makes me stronger and I like to think (even though I complain) that it makes me tougher than I ever thought I could be......sometimes, and some of you would agree, a little too callous, but stronger nonetheless.
Okay, off my military wives soapbox......just wanted to share some thoughts I had after the last episode of Army Wives....made me think of the stuff we military wives put up with and handle most of the time with grace and dignity.....except for when we get on the phone with each other and rant and rave ....... ha ha---that's why we're here for each other right? Til the next time......

No comments: