19 June 2008

Rice cereal and dog slobber don't mix

So my day started okay. Miss G slept through the night until 4:30am so that was wonderful. Little Man went to a sitter this am for a few hours so I got started and didn't stop until he came home......cleaning out the car, monogramming in between that and cleaning the garage, cleaning house, etc. Paw paw was fixing various things around the house, Mimi was entertaining Miss G and all was fine. Paw paw even took the dogs for a walk for me to get them some exercise b/c I am supposed to be resting....and not healing like I should because I am not resting.....but yall know that is me. Anyway......we went to lunch at the O Club and kids were great, food was better than McD's and we came home to a box from Nanny. Tons of goodies for Miss G and LM which LM loved opening. So far, so good , right??
Then we went to the Farmer's Market......remember dogs had been walked and played outside most of the day. While we were gone this is what I picture must have happened:
Mattie: Hey guys there is a box of rice cereal on the counter, I will sneak in and get it.
BT says: yeah, yeah, yeah.....
Beau: What, I was too busy taking the pillows off the couch with my mouth to create a spot to lay down.....mom thinks she is so clever putting all these pillows up here....ha
Mattie drags the rice cereal off the counter and sprays it all over the kitchen , even under the stove......BT and Mattie join in together to drag the box to the living room and spread it even further, then rip the box to shreds.....
Mattie: don't worry we can lick it all up (at which point they begin to lick it all up and mix slobber with rice cereal which turns into a cakey mix and it's all over everything, the oven, cabinets , floor, rugs, you name it )
BT: Mattie, you are hogging it all...get out of my way! (BT then apparently bites mattie putting a small hole in her nose and in her mouth, cutting her gums)

We come home to:
Little Man turns the corner to the kitchen and sees a box all torn up on the floor and says " AWWW, Who done that? " So cute but I knew what mess we must have.......
Three dogs with rice cereal stuck on their eyes, nose , ears, mouth.....and BT with dried blood on him. The couch is a mess with dog hair all over it, Bt has jumped on our leather toy chest and put a hole in it and mattie has holes all in her face while the entire living room and kitchen are covered in rice cereal matted up on everything.

So, how was your day?? :)

1 comment:

Connie said...

Funny thing is Leroy and Maxx did the same thing when I was about to go visit Teena my sis right after we got back from Spain and I had gotten some stuff for her baby and the two boxes were in my suit case. That stuff was so hard to get off of the dogs too. Well hopefully they aren't in to much trouble.