23 August 2009

My little tennis star

This weekend was great. Have had a great time with the kids lately..they are cracking me up.
G is "marching" which means she is just lifting one leg really high and slamming it down and cracking up while "marching"..Daddy says she looks like she is part of the Iranian guard :)
LM is so proud of himself for swim class. He moved up to next level regular class instead of preschool b/c he finally put his face in and was by the end dunking his head almost swimming underwater.
We stayed home this weekend but were extremely busy with a girl night out Friday night with a good friend. Then we got busy Sat. with a baby shower for our good friend Kelley. While I prepped and got it all together daddy took the kids out to the museum in Burlington and to lunch. They had a good time and LM came home saying "breaker, breaker 19...." since he and daddy played on a crane at the museum and talked on the cb radios.
G is saying so many new things but not quite recognizable to others besides us yet. A trip to Spokane in the works right now for the weekend to meet Mimi, Paw, paw, Uncle Bubba and Aunt Reena before they head up to Glacier. It's going to be so nice to see them and they won't believe how much the kids have changed.....heck I look at them everyday and can't believe it.
So, the tennis story...at the fine establishment of Wal Mart we were looking at some things in the sporting goods dept and LM said "Mommy, I want to play tennis" I want a tennis racquet".
Oh, how I've waited for this day...dreamed of this day and got so excited. I had my hopes up of course and we took him out to the courts and here's what happened. I tried my introductory tennis lesson.....he only wanted to hit the ball to the ground, not interested in bouncing it or keeping his eye on it at all, etc. So it lasted a few minutes and then he said , "Can't I just throw it to daddy on the other side?" Oh well, he was interested in it at least and hopefully next time it will go better....I did help him hold his racquet and play w/ the ball a little and hit it...but when he dropped the racquet G was very interested and picked it up and tried to start hitting th eball. I will have a tennis player yet!!!!! Then she started eating rocks on the courts.
It did make me realize how much I missed tennis and living in the NW doesn't agree with that at all. It's not so popular or easy to play here.....with hurricane force winds and so much rain it's not exactly the sport of choice so looking forward to moving to the East Coast soon and getting back into it.

No comments: