14 April 2009

A hug from my kids....
















can make everything seem better. The last few days Miss G has been quite snuggly and decided she likes to wrap her arms around my neck and rub my neck and back or pat me on the back. It's making me want to melt. As much as I am usually ready for a break when she naps or goes to sleep at night I haven't been wanting to put her down when she does that. I just hold her and rub her back and savor that moment b/c it won't last long. And today I got a double dose of sweetness when LM gave me a hug and a kiss for no reason and said I love you! Now, if you know nearly 3 yr old boys that doesnt' happen often. However, I was quickly reminded that Daddy is his best friend even though he did hug and kiss me. I guess he doesn't want me going to get any wrong ideas.
Our little flower hothouse is sprouting up nicely as you can see and he is enjoying watching the change in them every day. Miss G is taking to climbing! She thinks she is a mountain climber and has decided to climb onto the fireplace, riding toys, chairs, and even tried to throw her leg over the side of the bathtub while it was filling with water. Apparently I wasn't moving fast enough. She was ready to play NOW!!! It's so funny how different she is than LM. She climbed up on a couch cushion yesterday that I had placed on the floor for that sole purpose. Over and over she climbed up and sat and clapped when she got situated until she face planted a few times but she kept coming back for more....very determined. Hmmm, wonder where she gets that ;)
Had a great visit w/ Aunt K. Kids took right to her and were climbing all over he in a matter of hours. LM asked each morning if she was still here.....or did she go on a work trip like Daddy? Poor kid thinks everyone is always leaving him.....praying he will not grow up with an abandonment issue ;) It was nice to have an extra set of hands for a few days and so wonderful to see them playing with her and getting to know her. And I can clearly see we'll have to keep an eye on Aunt K or she will spoil them rotten .....if they aren't already :)
I have been reflecting on our orders situation lately and trying to understand why it is we are destined to never be together as a family to cherish all these moments....and why Daddy has to miss so much. It's been tearing me up emotionally, physically and spiritually. Then it dawned on me , it's not for me to understand or decide. He will provide the answers in His time. He will give us the time He sees fit as a family and if I will just honor that and have faith in that I will then see that there are better things to come.....I have to have faith in that. And in the meantime keep trying to explain to my little one when he asks if daddy will come home and visit that he is doing very important work and he will come home again soon. I will keep praying for guidance, strength and endurance through this process and keep coasting until we can be a family again. Prayer, Faith, Trust......all things I am striving to be better at......with His help.

No comments: