02 April 2009

"I't's Sun-day in the sky Mommy"

Driving along a few days ago.....five to be exact b/c it's been that long since we have seen the sun..okay, had to get that off my chest. Anyway, so driving along LM says "Today is Monday, Mommy."
You're right buddy, and what's tomorrow?
You can imagine the rest of the conversation which turned into a days of the week lesson until we got to Sunday at which point he says:
"No, Sunday isn't a day, it's Sun-day up in the sky". Who can argue with that??

Miss G is clapping up a storm and wiggling her little body to music. A personal favorite of hers:
Move it, move it from Madagascar. She's our own little personal Gloria shaking it!
LM also notified me very matter of factly a few days ago that if he had to be respectful and obedient (and yes I do use those big words with my child) so did I and I must say Yes sir and No sir to him. Again, what do you say to that?? Seriously??

He's just so funny and my parents and I have decided he has an audio photographic memory capability and he could very well possibly be the next Jack Bauer or Jason Bourne. ;) Seriously, mind like a steel trap. Whatever he hears he remembers ......FOREVER!!!!
I haven't been taking many pictures these days and am looking forward to the sun coming out to take more pictures of my little ones in the sunlight. Been playing around with photoshop some trying to make a few things but limited time to do that so working one step at a time but it's awesome and I love it along with my handy-dandy guide which without it I would be so lost.
And in my small world of news : I got a Sonicare toothbrush. The dental hygienist scared me into it and I finally bit the bullet....some nonsense about your teeth falling out, painting a terrible picture of cavities and receding gum lines made me do it. No, just kidding she didn't say those things but you all know what I am talkin' about. I mentioned to a friend that I had gotten one. She says, oh yeah, it's great--you'll love it!!! What she didn't mention is you need a tutorial before using one of those things. Let me paint the picture: scoping out the new toothbrush, wet it , put the toothpaste on it and (stupidly I know) turn it on. Toothpaste EVERYWHERE!!! --wipe my face, reapply said toothpaste and try again this time starting in my mouth. AHH, we're good.....only to realize that same thing of foam spewing out everywhere happens when you open your mouth to get the back sides or front. Well, it's been a week and have only had minor foam spattering incidents thus far after the disastrous first use.
Can you tell we have been cooped up in the house all week in the cold rain b/c I am telling stories of my new toothbrush......we gotta get out more.
But wait, I forgot , there's more!!!! Last night the kitchen sink backed up from the dishwasher. Called maintenance. We can be out on Friday evening or Saturday. Because that's sanitary to keep nasty dirty water in my sink for nearly three days. Wait, mam , can you just wash your dishes in your sink?? Well, dear phone operator who didn't get a thing I am saying I could, but what would be your suggestion that I do as the water is spilling all over the floor of my kitchen b/c as I mentioned before: THE SINK IS CLOGGED , WATER NOT FLOWING DOWN THE DRAIN AT ALL!!!! So maybe not in those exact words and a little (not a lot) nicer . She sent someone out immediately at which point maintenance joe we'll call him comes over at 9:20 pm. Now usually Maintenance Joes' coworkers call before coming to see if your issue really does constitute an emergency, and I realize mine did not..so I was waiting for the call to say --no worries , see you tomorrow but I am not waiting til Friday or Saturday. Well Maintenance Joe is new and hasn't been initiated into the wide world of maintenance man communication and they hadn't taught him this trick....poor guy, just a newbie, probie, take your pick. He diligently shows up in the rain and cold. He was nice, let me say that and I filled him in on the little calling ahead trick for next time. He plunges, plunges some more. Gets a bucket to take pipe off. Phone rings, sweet neighbor checking on me and I hear "OH NO" and see water gushing in my kitchen. All over the floor, cabinets, my stuff under the cabinets (much of which I had already gotten out and / or didn't care about). We soak up the mess w/ dog towels (in my language those are towels that are used for dog issues, drying , puking, and other household issues the good towels aren't used for) He uses the snake --a very long air compressor like snake that does the job. Maintenance Joe is gone by 10:20 pm and amazingly neither kid woke up and not one dog barked although MJ did leave the front door open to get the giant snake compressor in and BT bolted like a rocket. I did not know the door was open and when I start looking for the dog realize he is in the front yard dancing in the rain and freedom but he came back luckily. So , to sum up....not too much going on except the occasional maintenance issue which makes me ever so glad I am not a homeowner while my husband is away and my kids brighten most of my days and crack me up.
Still waiting on daddy to get back , word on when he'll get back or something similar although not sure why b/c it's ever changing and about as reliable as the chance we'll get some sun here. But our brightest set in stone thing to look forward to is Aunt K's visit. She will be with us for the Easter holiday and we are really looking forward to it. Poor thing she doesn't know what storm she is walking into....this crazy tragic , sometimes almost magic, awful beautiful life! :) That was for you daddy!

No comments: