05 July 2007

Can you pass on OCD?


Okay, yall all know I am OCD, crazy about cleaning, organization, etc. but you must know this as well. I have a Monica closet.....actually several monica closets, drawers, cabinets and about every 6 months I organize the chaos in my monica closets (for those of you who don't know what a Monica closet is ---first shame on you :) and second reference season 9 of Friends.... Anyway, I have this condition picking up , cleaning compulsively, etc. Daddy keeps telling me it would be okay if the house were a little messier......so I noticed today that the little man is grabbing a rag and wiping the floors....ay yay!! What have I done?? He also has to have his sippy cup in the cup holder on the tray of the high chair. If you move it out of there he will move it right back. And right now he is OCD about hats and putting them on everyone, strangers, Beau (who is now Bobo---love to hear him say it), mommy, daddy, the Lion.....everyone! But alas, I am sure the hat thing will pass and I will be sad when it does and we will say remember when .....like the other day when daddy and I remembered when he used to take a few steps between us every night and practice walking and we would clap and get all excited. We don't do that now because it's old hat. I hope we are capturing enough memories b/c there are so many I feel like I am forgetting something.............already!!

2 comments:

babybearsmomma said...

That is funny! I have a Monica room. The office, and I finally took today and cleaned it out. I think sometimes you just have to have a place that can be messy, unorganized and chaotic. It is theraputic!
And hey, just count your blessings that you might be raising the first man in the world that will actually clean!

Tilly said...

I must have a Monica house...:(