15 September 2009

As I tried on a few dresses for a mini fashion show to ask the opinion of my three yr old LM this is what happened.  Mind you they were eating dinner as I disrobed and changed in the hallway after finishing my dinner....why do it then do you ask? Simple ......Miss G was strapped into her chair and eating which usually means she isn't screaming too....also meaning she wasn't in either toilet, dog bowl or one of the kitchen drawers......
                                      

So...as I tried on the dresses I came out in the first one and he says to me: "Awww, You're a cuuute mommy".  How did that sweet little man know I needed that so badly that day?  How did he know that my heart would melt as he said those words and tears would well up in my eyes?  Yes, all of that happened and I was overwhelmed with the notion to scoop him up and hold him and stop time right then and there.  Make him all my little boy for a few years longer.  What he doesn't know is that he still is and always will be my little boy...just like I tell him he can crawl in my lap as long as I am here for as many years as he wants.  He's never to old to kiss his mama and to quote a famous book many of us know by heart :  ."as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.."

1 comment:

Gina said...

Awwww...you just made me cry! That is SO precious!