16 September 2009

Photography class

I along with a friend am taking this online photography course.....I just needed to learn the basics, the nitty gritty, logistics, etc. of this beast of a camera and photography 101.  It's helping.....but as many of you know math is not my strong suit.  Can't stand it, would prefer never to do it again and wnat to forget about it all together.  Why is it needed for all the things I like to do??? .....sewing , embroidery, photography.  Stinking math , cramping my style.  Anyway, I am trying desperately to learn this stuff but my brain isn't keeping the information so each night I am reviewing and figuring things on my camera, understanding the settings, aperture, shutter speed, etc.  Tonight some of it finally kicked in...finally getting it and hope tomorrow is a bright wonderful day where I can try out my new discovery of f/stops and ISO combinations. Not looking to be a pro just want to know more about what I am doing and how to get the best out of what I have.  I already knew some of the stuff just not in the fancy dancy terms it's actually called....I make up names for it which I won't indulge you with for fear of being made fun of forever.  Anyway, it's going okay and glad I can do something like this from home where I can take out my frustration on my notepad or something else instead of losing my cool in front of a class of people.  And pretty sure there is no way I could talk daddy into keeping the kids while I flit off to some big falutin' city for a "photography class" and do a girls weekend sometime in the near future on the East Coast......I'll take the girls weekend, my internet class and my camera to take pics of the girls weekend~  ha

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow, sounds like a pretty cool class. I'd just like to know what all the buttons on the camera are for :). I know what you mean about math. I use it daily and wish I had not done all I could to avoid it in high school and college!