23 February 2010

But you didn't say.....

As I am turning the sewing machine in to the sweet little man who is about as southern as collards and cornbread the kids are chasing each other in the store.  Running around like crazies but not touching anything.....I say come here please and stop making so much noise (mostly so Mr. Steel Magnolias can hear me b/c clearly he has a hard time hearing)  and LM says : "you said not to touch anything...we didn't touch ANYTHING"  Guess I deserved that huh? 

Daddy and I got to escape a little while ago (thanks Gigi and Avo)  on a weekend away.  We were to go to DC and stay at the RITZ--that's right--the big time.  But stinkind DC got snowed in and shut down so we went north and northwest and visited Charlottesville, Williamsburg and Fredericksburg.  Not exactly the romantic weekend away I had hoped but we did get to see some great parts of history: Monticello, Chancellorsville, Wilderness Battlefield and Fredericksburg since Daddy and I both enjoy Civil War history or any kind of history really.  Kids did great, dogs did okay and maybe, just maybe Gigi and Avo might come see us again....not sure if they'll ever keep the kids and dogs again. 

No comments: