13 March 2010

27.......plus a few

As we got up to have breakfast this morning (muffins that J. made) Jackson asked how old I was.  To which his daddy replied "27 plus a few buddy".  Thanks honey for not reminding me.  Actually I must say it's not the aging that bothers me...age is just a number , right?  Not sure why , but there has been much anticipation for my birthday this year.  Maybe b/c it's the first one J. has been around for in 4 years, maybe b/c I have two toddlers and three geriatric dogs that need me every second and i wonder if I am living up to it.  I have been through so much in the last couple of years really that sometimes it feels like a blur.  This lifestyle doesn't allow you to relax for a second b/c you never know what's coming. I just hope I am getting it right, that I am setting a good example for my kids...that I continue to be a better wife andamso grateful that along the way God has held my hand.  When I thought it couldnt' get any harder, I can remember falling to my knees in prayer and saying I can't do this.  Each time he picked me up and gave me the strength to sometimes just make it through the day.  There have been so many times I felt so alone and He comforted me in that loneliness and I take a look  around now and just hope that I am doing something right...getting better as each year comes, more patient, more understanding, more compassionate.  So in my 34 years I hope that I have progressed and continue to do so ...much more to learn.....but for today I am so thankful for such wonderful blessings in my life, health, family, friends.......and now , let's party.  Celebrating with a day to the spa with Jennifer.  And then to dinner for something J. has planned.  I know it's going to be great if Jackson can just keep a secret....the boy is like me, can't keep birthday secrets. 

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy happy birthday darling! And I'm quite sure you are getting it right :) Love to you and the family- heather