17 March 2010

Conversation over Cream of Wheat

(and yes, Cof Wheat is a fave in my house as we're trying to up the boy's iron intake)
LM: I don't want to talk to my sister
Mommy: Does that make you feel good in your heart to treat her that way?
LM: (shakes his head yes)
M: Surely not b/c that would mean you didn't have Jesus in your heart and I KNOW you have Jesus and God in your heart. 
....silence, contemplation.......
LM: But I don't b/c God lives in the sky, in heaven
M: Well, you're right but he also lives in your heart......
....silence, contemplation......
LM: You're right Mommy b/c when HE lives in your heart it warms your heart and warms your tummy like when you drink hot chocolate and apple cider.

I almost melted--how sweet and wonderfully said by a three year old.

1 comment: