05 December 2008

Christmas Tree


I told you it was too tall....









Oh, where do I start? We went to get a tree at the tree farm.....we took one of our sitters with us to help wrangle LM. There was hot cider, rows and rows of trees, a sled, a fake reindeer, a talking Christmas tree and more. We were all decked out in our rain boots (thanks L and Nanna) for the mud and G in her bunting suit.
Having flashbacks of last year and daddy heaving a huge tree into the house that touched the top of our cathedral ceilings ran through my head(refer to Dec 07 entries)... I vowed not to get a huge tree this year. I looked at many, many trees. I asked LM which one he wanted.....he picked one about his height....a Charlie Brown if you will. I SHOULD HAVE GONE WITH HIS TREE!! I picked one of the "small" trees comparatively speaking. Up against the others it looked short , skinny and just right. Well, it's still almost 7' tall and a pain to get lights up on.....not enough ornaments to decorate it so the back is bare up against the wall. I had to get the sweet young man at the tree farm to tie it on top. We got home ....it was dark since it gets dark here at 4pm and I cut the rope and watched it roll off of the top of the Tahoe onto the ground with a big thud.....but not before it nailed me in the pelvis. That is one nasty bruise on my leg/ hip area. So I drag the thing in to the door and realize that is as far as I am going without help.
Thanks to my neighbor (and you know how much I hate to ask for help) we got it in and up in the stand in no time....cut thenetting off and unveiled the Griswold tree once again this year. But when I saw LM beam when the lights were on and say "Mommy, I like that big tree we got" it was all worth it. Now hopefully paw paw can help me get the thing out--ha!
We put ornaments on tonight and I thought LM was putting them on the tree--hanging them, right? Not really ....on his side he was just placing them on branches and they kept falling out and he got frustrated. So after about 10 minutes he gave up and went back to pulling his loads on his trains. All told it's a nice tree and am proud it's up and decorated.......but wish Daddy was here to enjoy it with us...I think he would find this one just right this year :)
On a different note --last night while I put on the lights I heard Miss G laughing and saying "uhnnn".....when I turne dto see what for I noticed her brother pegging her in the head with a bouncy ball. He then turned to her and said quite sarcastically and in this high pitch "sorry" without meaning it one bit. Oh, the days that lie ahead are sure to keep me on my toes.

2 comments:

Gina said...

The pic of LM looking up (at the trees?) may well be one of the most precious things I've ever seen! Sounds like your weekend was a great adventure (teehee)!

Tilly said...

Woman! You should have used our truck and Buk for that matter! It makes for agood story, but I'm sure you did'nt think so at the time...I do hope your reproductive organs receover:)