10 December 2008

What has happened?

A few months ago I was complaining my son didn't want to be near me, say I love you, kiss me, hug me...nada! Now, he is loving all over me. He comes up and says I love you very much and throws his arms around me (sometimes this turns into a strangling hold but that's okay). What happened ? I am not complaining because it's the sweetest most wonderful thing when he hugs me...oh I hope he keeps it up although I know there will be times he won't--like when he is a teenager. Ughh don't even want to think of it yet.
Miss G is sitting up a little on her own but mainly propping herself up and is a lazy roller. Only rolls when she wants something. She is just fine chilling out or then fusses for me to roll her back over unless she spies something she wants, something shiny , musical or new....so I put those things just out of her reach and make her work for them. So mean , I know. She just keeps getting cuter and smiles most of the time and has finally taken to a napping schedule.
We are just staying busy with friends, parties and Christmas activities....it's not the same without Daddy but we are trying to make it as fun as possible since this will likely be the first Christmas LM remembers. We also got some news recently that we are headed to VA this summer sometime. I am looking forward to it but nto looking forward to returning to bugs and humidity....yuck. We are however looking forward to reconnecting with old friends and making new ones. I have loved the lack of bugs here in the northwest.....but am ready for a change. It will be so nice to be closer to home, get LM settled into a preschool and find a routine. I love that part of moving...learning about all my new surroundings, getting it all figured out--it's like a big puzzle each time we move and I love fitting all the pieces together and making that happen. This will be the first time Daddy has been here to pack out and get it all ready with us. Boy is he in for a treat...ha!!

No comments: