19 December 2008

Stir crazy...

We were going stir crazy on day 6 of snowstorm 2008.....so I decided to see how the van would handle on the roads but not before calling my friends who have experience in this. They thought I would be okay ....and we were. We even slid around a little and I handled it just fine. I am telling you I could do this....I could live like this. It's the sideways rain that I hate.....and that is coming later this weekend. I am preparing by getting all the essentials: airbed blown up, flashlights, firewood, and food that is easily prepared by stove. I told someone today I feel like Laura Ingalls Wilder at times living here :)
We have been having fun playing in the snow. Not a snow shovel or snow sled to be found anywhere but LM seems content throwing snowballs at the dogs, shoveling snow and playing w/ Mater in the snow. I have been taking so many pictures my camera may explode but having fun doing it.
Tonight LM said as I kissed him goodnight: "mommy, did you smell me when you kissed me nite nite?" Yes, baby I did because I love that sweet baby smell. He still smells likea little one and I love it because I know one day he will just be a stinky boy--but my stinky boy :)

No comments: