27 July 2009

I was trying

Normally LM goes to potty by himself....sometimes assistance is required. Now this works out fine for all parties involved as I am usually busy with Miss G........UNTIL now.
Lately LM has decided he wants to do it by himself but also like a big boy STANDING. I am all for trying and sometimes he does well but the experimenting in which direction to point it is killing me.
Today he went , all sounded well until he came out w/ new underwear and pants in his hand. He had a little accident he tells me and sometimes that does happen so that's okay. Until I notice his shirt has pee all up the front of it too. As I begin to question him I realize that his shorts , underwear and shirt all have pee on them...hmmmm. Something's not right...so I question him as to how he went to potty, standing , sitting on the little potty, what??
He says, I tried to pee pee like daddy standing up...well, it didn't work b/c there was pee ont he bathroom counter, floor, rug, you name it. It has since been scrubbed down and all I could do was laugh and try to coax a new method or variation of daddy's method.....whew , that boy makes me laugh :)

1 comment:

jlbrandenburg@comcast.net said...

Ooohhh that is so gross! :) I had that problem when Bear was first teaching himself how to pee standing up. I almost made him go back to sitting down again, so much cleaner. But he insisted on going potty "like a man." I sometimes think that boys see it as a squirt gun protuding from their bodies and that it would be a crime to not get some shooting practice in while they are standing there.