29 July 2009

We always said we wished it would warm up here just a little....

......but not maybe to Nairobi type heat. I tell you I have become way too acclimated to this NW weather. This 90+ weather is for the birds....speaking of birds , they are lately basking in anything resembling a cooling station....puddle, kids pool, bottle of water--you name it. The poor things are having heat strokes around here in this weather.
The sun has been burning holes in my skin the last few days. I have been enjoying running in it though b/c for once I feel like I am doing something sweating buckets while exercising. It's been great to just get out and feel it....until you come back in and your house is hotter than the blazing heat outside. I mean, really my temp in the house reached 88 today and yesterday. We have been enjoying ways to cool off including homemade milkshakes, McDonald's treats and rides in the car. Many of the neighbors have taken to their campers in their driveways ....smart really, at least the things have A/C.
LM has been surprising us everyday with his knowledge and memory. He remembers everything you say, every place you go, etc. His mind is amazing to me ..........and lately he has been noticing body parts and such and keeps commenting on the hair on daddy's legs and arms, when will he get that ? why? will it happen when he gets to be a big boy like daddy?
"BT is a little boy like me and Beau is a big boy like daddy"
"I would like my maredo (torpedo) please mommy"
"G , I don't want a kiss from you right now, give me a minute to wake up" (after being attacked like she does everyday to wake him from nap and tries to climb in the bed w/ him to love on him)

Miss G is doing train, plane and car noises quite well now and impressing her brother and mommy with it. She is so funny and fearless to watch. They have been enjoying the outdoor pool we bought on clearance at Walgreen's (pics to come) and it has been worth every dollar we paid b/c they have had a blast. We outgrew last year's $2 garage sale baby pool with two of them. Now the dogs have been using the baby pool to wade in and lay in in this heat.....ahh, temps finally coming down, it's down to 81 in my house now so I think I'll try to go to sleep --just got G down for the night...out.

No comments: