28 October 2008

First injury.....Miss G

Scenario: At the Commissary today around 11:30 am .....surrounded by retirees (yall know what I am talking about) trying to edge me away from the yogurt to get a better view of the activia.....
LM: Achoo, (with a cold--mind you I don't normally take my sick kids to the commissary but we needed stuff and I won't ask a sitter to come and expose herself to my sick kid) ......but he covers his mouth like he is supposed to and a bunch of snot comes out in his hand.
Mommy: scrambling with the ever so important french vanilla creamer in my hand (much needed for the ever so important coffe I have now started drinking since becoming a mother of two--absolute necessities people)....I am reaching for a tissue at the same time I drop the creamer into what I thought was the basket part. ........ IT WASN'T! It was my daughter's forehead. How great am I? The french vanilla cuts her head on the plastic and leaves a bump the size of a kiwi .....
Miss G: begins waling hysterically
LM: tells me "you hurt G mommy" and begins waling while snot is still in his hand and face.
Mommy: drops my purse all ove rthe floor looking for a tissue and sanitizer to wipe all down with....and I start laughing hysterically. HYSTERICALLY! (at this point all of the retirees begin to wonder if they are witnessing a breakdown, a crazy woman or will they ever get me and my waling kids out of the way to get to the activia)
So that was the low point or the high point depending on how you look at it. Miss G is fine and I feel really bad that her first real battle scar came from my coffee creamer. I guess I should start taking it black.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Glad little miss g is fine :) I myself have often wondered why hysterical laughter is the gut reaction I have to all chaos breaking loose - but nice to know I'm not the only crazy one! ps- I'll pick up some creamer for you next time I'm out shopping :D

babybearsmomma said...

Ha ha ha ha! I am sorry, I would of laughed too. H, I think we laugh to keep from crying sometimes. I know thats why I do it. And if those other people have ever had kids, then they should understand it all.