20 October 2008

I'm not understanding you.....


So I sometimes have a hard time understanding the words LM is saying. Not unusual for a two year old but he is VERY articulate and I have always understood about 95%of what he says. However, when I don't understand him I ask him to repeat it and if I really don't get it I say "I am sorry buddy, I am not understanding you". Right ? That's a normal response. So , in the last few days he has had a new response when I ask him to do something. For example: LM will you please pick up your trains?

LM : " say it again please"

Mommy: I repeat the phrase

LM: (very serious )--"Mommy, I am not understanding you"

How clever is that? Just to get out of doing something he is pulling one of my lines. What a stinker!

He also spied some trains that Mimi and Paw paw sent that Mommy was rationing out for good behavior. They were high up on a shelf in his closet. Unfortunately I didn't hide them very well and when he saw them he decided to get his stool and go after them climbinb up to the shelf. This is a kid who is scared of some slides so I thought it funny that he was so motivated by some trains that he climbed up like a monkey on the shelf to try and reach them. Again, just so cute he is killing me :)

Sunday at church he absolutely REFUSED to go to Sunday School. Full on pulling on the door not to go in-=hanging on the door frame screaming. So fine, got Miss G into the nursery and took him to church with me. He was fascinated........for about 10 minutes and began wiggling in my lap, talking , etc. Finally , he looked up at me and whispered "Mommy, I would like to go to my church now". Being the mean mommy I am I made him sit with me the entire time as he wiggled and rolled around on me while he was bored to death in order to teach him that he couldn't go back and forth. Pick one, stay there. We'll see if my sinister plan worked next Sunday.

In other household news Miss G is bouncing away in the exersaucer now and enjoying it with that big gummy grin.........Speaking of that big gummy grin it will be no longer. She has her first tooth coming in on the bottom peeking through. It is almost exactly two years to the day that LM got his first tooth. I am excited but sad b/c I LOVE that gummy grin. She is so precsious and just smiles most of the time. I am enjoying watching her grow and kick and play. She is learning new expressions and talking more and more everyday. I hate daddy is missing so much but we are making many new videos for him to see. Such sweet babies. But speaking of Daddy we are so proud of him and his service--he is doing a great job on his IA and we are just so very proud of him and of all of those serving our country. We are about halfway there in the IA and now down into the countdown ......who am I kidding we have been in countdown since he left ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of G! She looks so happy!
~L