26 June 2007

Could men handle childbirth????



Daddy and I have had some sort of stomach bug that we managed to give to everyone we know....sorry yall :( and I had it this past Sunday, tired, achy, vomiting.....the whole nine yards, you get the picture. I managed to take a nap and recover a little and still do stuff with the little man and help take care of him. Now, let me get this out first before I start my rant.....Daddy is a big helper, he is great with the little man and I didn't want him contaminating the little guy anyway.........BUT.......... apparently men can't handle it quite as well when they are sick. He does turn into this big baby. He used to not be so bad and would buck up but lately he has not been handling it as well........I thought he was dying as I heard him wretching in the bathroom. I ran in there ......oh , he's just puking no big deal. It WAS a big deal......OH how I must love that man to clean up after him. I know this is too much information but I am getting to a point. My point is I distinctly remember him saying to me at the end of the pregnancy when I had a few problems and was in a lot of pain b/c the little man was sitting directly on top of something he shouldn't have been.......I distinctly remember him saying shortly after I gave birth.......and did I mention I was taking Percocet (sp) and having contractions through it all until I was dilated 5cm at home.......like I was saying he said to me that he thought I was faking it or being dramatic. DRAMATIC????? Yeah, it was dramatic considering I should have been doped up but was still in a lot of pain called contractions. I do love him but my point to all of this is to ask the question.....after all of his moaning and groaning and being sick could he really carry a child for almost 10 months and deliver it, probably not :) At the height of my morning sickness I was sick at least 7-8 times a day and we took a trip to go skiing (daddy really wanted to go skiing) and on the drive up there I puked several times into a ziploc bag and proceeded to do so for the two days we were there. It was not a pleasant trip but he got to go skiing.......again I love the man with all my heart but it's just so funny how when guys get sick (and ladies you know we all talk about this) how the world must stop and they are SO sick.....and he was bless his heart,........ I'm just saying is all...... Okay I ranted enough today about a silly subject and when he sees this he will inevitably want to kill me for sharing personal business and may never speak to me again but what else do we have to do but laugh at ourselves ......I am sure I can post enough emberrassing things about me to fill up a whole page or two......like the time I had tp hanging out of my maternity pants and went through the line at Target and no one told me......I couldn't see it for goodness sakes b/c my belly was too big. somehow it had gotten trapped in there when I put my pants back up. Oh , I can laugh now but was mortified as I walked out to the car and felt something tickling my arm and discovered it was tp.....yeah, wondered why all the cashier's were laughing.


On another note the little man is saying so many words and going through a hat phase , wearing any and all hats he can find. Fascinated with them. Yesterday he said ball and out, he also chased BT and Mattie around with beads to put on their necks.....Mattie retreated to the sick room choosing to be with the puker in the bedroom rather than be subjected to the little man's torture and BT looked at me as if to say "Seriously" how humiliating? Oh how I love that child with all my heart, when he pokes his bottom lip out it rips my heart right out. I always wondered if I would be a good mom and I think I am still learning but I love him so much I must be doing something right........ :) D-- Out

1 comment:

babybearsmomma said...

Simply put, no. With out a shadow of a doubt, no. Men could under no circumstances handle labor.