06 June 2007

Rainy Wednesday


So, it's raining today....but at least it's not the hurricane force winds like yesterday combined with the rain. Yesterday, the little man learned the help me put clothes in the dryer. As I took them out of the wash he stood by at the dryer door and when I placed the clothes on the dryer door he pushed them into the dryer...so cute...he is getting so big boyish. He even helped pick them up off the floor and put them back in the dryer.
The little man is at the sitter this am so I can clean uninhibited or without him chasing me and the vacuum cleaner. I have put the pack n play away( so nowhere to stow him away for a few minutes) although he still enjoys it because we got a lot of stuff for his bday and had nowhere to put it all. We save the pack n play for real emergencies like washing the cars or when he needs to be contained so I can make some coffee..like the last two days. Ok moms, what to do when they are waking all of a sudden and won't go back to sleep for hours and everytime you leave the room they scream. That's the past two nights. We are trying not to pick him up b/c my theory is he is manipulating us to pick him up and lay down with us...daddy doesn't care about that, just wants sleep. He did get up with him two nights ago and lay on the couch for a few hours of quiet but last night we let him cry it out and went in every 5-10 minutes. Finally he went to sleep....any advice appreciated b/c I feel terrible about it but I know if I pick him up he will think SCORE, I won! and we have created a bad habit. Maybe I give him too much credit. :) Okay, off to scrub some toilets and mop the floors :)

1 comment:

babybearsmomma said...

Wow, what a big helper you have! I tried to get Noah to help me and he grabbed a sock and ran off. I still haven't been able to find where he put it either. :)
Noah did that same thing the other night. Just woke up screaming. We let him cry for a little bit but it was that shrill scream that you know they are not going to calm down by themselves with. So Johnathan went in and rocked him for about an hour then put him in bed. The next night he woke up again and I just let him cry. I don't even go in there. I know it sounds mean and heartless, but if I go in there, he starts crying even harder because now he KNOWS I am listening. I don't know what to say though. For me it just depends on the crying. If he is just upset and crying, I let him sit and put himself to sleep. I hope this helps.