04 June 2007

I really did have a puppy.......

So daddy comes in this evening to tell me that the little man found a dog bone which he normally picks up and gives to one of the dogs..right..no big deal...this is a fun game they play with him. Well, instead today he decided he needed to taste the bone himself and as daddy walked around the corner he saw him playing with other things in his hand and holding the bone in his mouth like a dog. We are in trouble if he is imitating them......hope he doesn't decide it's okay to hike his leg or squat somewhere.....just kidding of course!
I did hear this whaling cry earlier and ran in there where he and daddy were playing and he had fallen into the toy box--head first--none toohappy about trying to get that veggie tales book out.
Oh well, the adventures with a toddler are neverending...wouldn't trade it for anything :)

On a different note I wanted to share with some of you some of the things I miss about being in the South this time of year and things I am learning to like up here....
I miss vine ripe tomatoes on a blt and sweet tea, Waffle House (yall love it too, admit it)

I miss hearing crickets every evening and seeing the Gulf Coast beaches at sunset...swimming in a pool outdoors because it's hot and you want to cool off....it makes me sad that Jackson misses out on so many of the things his daddy and I grew up with.....fresh Gulf shrimp and crab...sorry but it's not the same up here.
Okay, enough south reminiscing....from time to time that will happen.....my southern ramblings so I apologize to my friends who are tired of hearing that stuff.
I am thankful for the sunsets here on our back porch.....you can watch the sunsets here without being carried away by mosquitoes and sweating buckets. Moderately warm temperatures that allow you to still wear capris and put a light jacket on in the evening. Thankful for all the fresh fruit here..every berry imaginable, cherries and the fall pumpkin patches are beautiful. Rambled enough, going to bed now.....

2 comments:

babybearsmomma said...

The South does sound wonderful. However I am glad that you guys are here in the PNW.
Boys really are funny huh? Noah has started barking at the dog. And curling up on her bed with her. Have I said how much I LOVE having a dog? I can't believe we waited so long to get one!

Amy said...

Hey Daphne,

I can only imagine how much you miss the south. But hey we are at the most southern place and I may send ya something to cheer you up.

However, to experience different places is something you can always share with others.