19 March 2009

How much more bizarre can my life get??

So at 2 am BT needs to go out.....I go into the kitchen which seems lit up like a Christmas tree and is rather unusual to see all these flashing lights coming in the blinds. Look out--WHOA--about 10 or so police units with spotlights , K-9 dogs, on foot combing the area behind my house. So we quickly decide no one is goign to pee and I call security who in turn tells me to remain inside my home with doors locked and dogs are on pee pee lockdown....okay , he didn't say that but that's what he meant. Nearly two hours later still on lockdown. And finally this am we were able to venture out . Turns out some idiot hijacked/carjacked a car in OH of all places, if you don't know where i live .....look it up on the internet. Not exactly the capital of carjackings or violent crime at all really. And the idiot drove it on to the military base right up into housing and took off on foot apparently. Also this last week two guys held up our Walgreen's --you know the economy is bad when our little town is getting hit up like this. A little scary and my mama lion instincts kicked in to protect my cubs...so I have plans and backup plans mapped out in my head in each scenario that could possibly ever happen and we pray every night for safety. Oh, how soundly I will sleep when my knight in shining armour finally gets here.....and poor beau beau will too. he sleeps for days when daddy gets home b/c he has been so vigilant looking out for us for all this time.....no wonder the old boy is looking his age.

2 comments:

babybearsmomma said...

Holy Crap! I can't beleive all that. Not the quiet little island anymore huh?
-L

Unknown said...

Wow that is waaaaay too much action for OH! Glad you guys are safe and sound...hope you get a better nights sleep tonight.