23 November 2008

Big Boy Bed

I had been waiting for Christmas and our visitors to help with this transition but we went ahead and did it. I got a wild hair and decided to take the rail off the crib and put the toddler rails on it. LM was so excited as he watched this work in progress and pieces of the crib everywhere. We got it all ready with a new sheet and all for a nap. He was so excited he was jumping up and down and kept running to his bed and saying "nite nite Mommy". I was thrilled he was so excited......so here we were and naptime was over. Would he come get me? Would he play with his toys? No, he just laid there in his bed like he did when the rail was up. Now, I was really thrilled. What a good boy!! Then I went in and he said "I didn't fall out". No, he didn't ......and he didn't that night either, and he did great the following day and night and THEN, we had last night. Started great and when I went to check on him before I went to bed I went in to find him kneeling on the pillows I had placed there on the floor in case he fell out.....thought he was awake but no, he was in a prayer position with his head on the mattress and body on the pillow. We moved him back to the bed. At 3 am I am awakened to him moaning--"Help me.....help me"
I go in to find not only has he slithered out of bed onto the floor but moved a pillow about 4 feet from the bed and made a little bed on the floor. His Help me plea was for me to get him his blanket and bring it to the floor. WHAT? No way, so we moved him back to his bed and he stayed there until 7 am this morning. We'll see what tonight brings.
Another first we had this weekend was a first movie. I took him to his first movie on the big screen while Miss G stayed with some friends. He did GREAT!! Loved the movie and sat by himself in th eseat the whole time as we shared popcorn and even got a souvenir cup from the movie ( of which he poked his finger in the straw hole and got it caught and came to me with the cup and said "help please")
Miss G is saying "mammamamamam" but only when she is mad ....which is how LM started with his first sounds / words. Will they ever say Mama when they are happy?????

2 comments:

babybearsmomma said...

That is so funny about little man and his bed. I remember Bear doing the same thing right after we moved him into his bed. He fell asleep standing up at his mattress.
And doesn't it just melt your hear the mamamama thing? Even if she is upset. Bug has started saying ama for me. And not even when she is crying. She just babbles it at me. It is so cute.

daphne said...

I know , it's so sweet....I love hearing her say it. And last night he only fell out once -yeah!