16 November 2008

Daddy helped me up......











As I put LM to bed tonight after prayers he said :
Daddy helped me up....... I said when , baby? .......LM: when I fall down daddy help me up, he pick me up!
So sweet how he views daddy and the stuff he remembers about him. He sees him as a protector, his helper and someone who loves him unconditionally. So amazing that kids already pick up on that.
In other Sunday events.....as we drove to church on what was an already difficult morning with puking (miss G) , bathroom issues (LM) , and smoothie issues (mommy) ....we drove along at a cool 35 mph and the only bird in the sky --a seagull -- tattooed the van. Scared me to death, LM said "that bird pooed on the car". So for the rest of the day he said mommy sometimes birds poo on the car. It was hilarious, even though the car is filthy now it was still hilarious. At that point I was tempted to turn around and go home, was this a sign on an already difficult morning? No, I kept going and we made it to church and boy was I glad I did. I got a lot from themessage today and even shed a tear.....glad for all I have been blessed with and for the comfort of prayer and safety for daddy as these months go by. Going by quickly though as we are more than halfway through. I better get my rear in gear and get the rest of this baby weight off. We had a deal and I gotta get going.....almost there :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is really sweet that he remembers good times with daddy. And you should make him a t-shirt that says that. "Sometimes bird poo on the car."
~L