02 November 2008

Pupcakes

LM and I made some "pupcakes" with green frosting this weekend. I thought it was adorable that he kept calling them pupcakes....and for lunch we made "piece of dillas" or quesadillas. He has been so hilarious lately. He just lights up my day with that smile. And Miss G too! She is so precious, such a happy girl...except when she is hungry. Watch out when she wants food.
I have been thinking a lot lately on this first week of November. Can you believe that it's Nov. already? This time last year I was battling morning sickness and chasing LM around and just returning from a trip to AL. I can't believe it's also been six months since daddy left. I can remember when we first got the news that we were going to have to deal with this IA. It was so devastating to get that news that he would be gone for a year. It didn't help that I was hormonal and pregnant. I just remember the anger and disbelief of it all. I look back now and realize it's just a range of emotions I had to go through and realize it's pretty normal looking at other IA wives. I went through the sadness and loneliness ( and still there ) and now am in survival mode. This experience was/is such a learning experience. I am learning so much about myself. There are days when I want to curl up in a ball and cry b/c I would love some help and I feel so lonely even though I am surrounded by great friends. But there are many more days where I feel like I am thriving, learning and surviving. It's small potatoes compared to what some people go through but at the time I thought how will I do this. The family rallied around and helped when Miss G came and that was such a blessing and I don't think I could have made it through those first few months without all the help. It's been so great to learn just how tough I am, how much I can do that I never thought I could. I really did think I was going to run for the hills or at least AL screaming. And here I am halfway through this year and still in one piece, looking back and thinking it hasn't been as hard as I thought......do I ever want to do it again? NO, not on your life but as a military wife you can bet your bottom I will have to do it at least several more times. But now I know I can and it's not so overwhelming...well, maybe it is but I have learned that I am tougher than I thought, coffee is Great except when you try to get off of it, sleep isn't necessary to function (to function rationally maybe)..... I'm pretty sure all the praying has helped too :)

No comments: