15 August 2008

Don't eat my poo poo

...so for the faint of heart if you get grossed out easily then please refrain from reading this next segment.........
We attempted another pool afternoon today after nap. Miss G and I were sitting by the back sliding door watching LM play. Then he wanted to get in the pool.........but with no swimsuit so we settled on a diaper or big boy wear (toddler speak for underwear--just so youknow, Mommy and Daddy have big boy wear too and he loves to point that out) . The only problem with this is he didn't want to wear the diaper. I contemplated this and told him no , he had to wear something. At this point an all out fit and ripping off of the diaper ensued. Some battles aren't worth fighting......I would rather let him run around naked as a jaybird like a little redneck baby than fight with him on this one. Soooo, as you all well may know we are "working " on potty training. We are taking our time with it and he has lately been telling me every single time he peepees or poo poos in his diaper or before he does it really........which is good and means he is aware of it.
As I knew it would happen he decides to peepee in the yard.....well, I look out and the poor little guy has poop on his leg and is squatting in my yard by the door. This story will emberrass him so badly one day....anyway as I was saying him squatting a little with a look of terror and amazement at the same time. Mind you he has never even attempted to poop on the potty. As I realized this he looked at me like uh,oh I'm in trouble. So I very calmly praised him and told him what a good job he was doing to poop outside of the diaper but maybe we could go and finish on the potty. I began to wipe his leg off when the dogs start wandering over. Now, we do have poopeaters unfortunately, especially the labs ( and if you are a lab owner you know what I am talking about--they will eat any kind of poop) but they have never even bothered a diaper.....but they ran over anyway and started inspecting it. LM knows they aren't supposed to eat poop.
As they approach he puts his hand out in the get back /stop stance and says "don't you eat my poopoo". I laughed so hard I almost cried. He was very upset that they were going to eat his poop possibly. Then we came in and used the potty and were successful and he received several poopoo treats. So that was our big event of the day! Not really there is more but that was definitely our most entertaining.

No comments: